Applies to Swedish market only
Buy an EnergyHub with a battery today
- double compensation for a year
Ferroamp offers you double compensation for support services during the first year if you buy a new EnergyHub together with an ESS battery today. The offer is valid for orders placed with any installer between January 12 and March 31.
Currently available in SE3 (Sweden, bidding area 3 excl. Gotland).
Contact any installer to order EnergyHub and ESS battery.
When the order is completed, register the order acknowledgment from the installer below and fill out the form.
Save the email you receive during registration and use it to activate the offer after the system has been installed.
Become customer at Varberg Energi and choose the Flex Battery service.
- Ferroamp pays compensation corresponding to the amount the customer receives from Varberg Energi for the Flex Battery service for one year from the date on which the customer’s system is activated for ancillary services.
- Orders for an EnergyHub and an ESS battery will take place between 12 January and 31 March 2024. Registration to Ferroamp must be made no later than 31 March.
- Deployment of the system and activation of the offer must take place no later than October 31, 2024. Connection to Varberg Energi and Flex Battery must take place no later than 3 months after commissioning.
- In order to be able to sell ancillary services, your facility must meet the requirements for system specification and be located in bidding area 3 (excl. Gotland). Read more at Varberg Energi.
- For information about the regulations regarding tax reduction for the installation of green technology and any taxes from support service revenues, visit the Swedish Tax Agency’s website.
Ancillary services to the grid
With a battery in your Ferroamp system, you can make money by contributing flexibility and balance to the electricity grid. This is called ancillary services or flex services. The Ferroamp system can currently be used for the service called FCR-D.
When you register your system for the service, you allow a so-called aggregator to use capacity in your system and quickly charge or unload the battery during a short time interval when the grid needs support.
Ferroamp’s unique solution allows you to continue to use the battery for the property’s needs while it is used for support services. We call it open flexibility.
Varberg Energi is now the first electricity company to offer customers with Ferroamp systems the opportunity to participate in the market for FCR-D through their “Flex battery” service. It will initially be offered to their customers in the entire SE3. Read more under “Frequently asked questions” about who can sign up and how support services work.
Buy a battery and sell support services
Equip your Ferroamp system with an ESS battery to participate in selling ancillary services. Order from an installer today!
Flex Battery - Varberg Energi
If you already have a Ferroamp system with a battery, you can sign up for Flex Battery at Varberg Energi. Information about the terms and conditions of participation can be found under “Frequently Asked Questions” below.
Watch the tutorial and read more about how support services work in your Ferroamp system.
It is possible to sign up for the service for anyone who has a Ferroamp system with a PSM and ESS battery. In the long term, it will also work with Pylontech H1/M1.
The service will be available in all bidding areas once a sufficiently large portfolio of systems has signed up. On the day of launch, it will be bidding area 3, but the ambition is to be able to add the other bidding areas shortly.
Yes, most functions will be available in your system with some limitations on available capacity in battery or power to use for different functions. To learn more about the settings you need to make, see Ferroamp’s user guide.
To sell capacity on the market for the FCR-D support service, you need to become a customer of Varberg Energi and sign up for the “Flex Battery” service. Your system will then be evaluated in a system test. Provided that your system meets the requirements, your system then becomes part of the portfolio that Varberg Energi offers to the FCR-D market. Adjust the battery settings to support services as instructed in Ferroamp’s user guide.
The amount of compensation depends on the effect on your battery, availability, and market factors such as supply and demand. The payment to you as a user is determined by the service provider, in this case Varberg Energi.